The Best of June Beauty - Sensible Stylista

The Best of June Beauty

1.  YSL Mascara Vinyl Couture ($29) - If you're looking for a fabulous lengthening mascara, you need to try this out stat!  It does a really good job without clumping at all.  The product's marketed to "give lashes length, volume and curl with deep, saturated color," but I don't really see much on the color front.  You do get volume and curl though, but like I mentioned earlier, length is this baby's strength. Now, I own this in green, but it looks more like a greenish-black, at least on me (probably because I have dark hair).  Try it out for yourself at your local YSL beauty counter to make sure you get the color you want!  For those of you interested, it's available in 8 other colors here.  

2.  Cosmedix Peptide-Rich Defense ($58) - Hands down, my new favorite sunscreen.  I know this product's pricy, but it's worth every penny IMHO.  Most of the items I've used previously have left white residue or have been ridiculously difficult to pat in, but this moisturizer absorbs super quickly and hydrates like a boss, providing a solid base for bb cream, foundation and the like. On top of it all, it contains SPF 50 so your skin's getting serious protection from the sun.  Since this baby is expensive, I save it for "special occasions" aka when I need to put on a full face of make-up.  For my off days, I slather on Olay's Complete UV Moisturizer

3.  Farmacy Skin Dew Hydrating Essence Mist & Setting Spray ($44) - I've never been a huge fan of mists, but this baby's a godsend.  It keeps my skin hydrated, my make-up fresh, and, well, it helps me relax all in all because it smells like heaven (herblike) and feels good on my face.  I honestly have to stop myself from spraying it on several times an hour, ha.  Spritz it on to prevent cake face or use it to soften powder post-application.

4.  No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Serum ($29.99) - Geared towards those of you looking to prevent + treat advanced signs of aging, this product supposedly reduces deep lines and wrinkles, giving you younger looking skin in just 2 weeks!  Unfortunately (but fortunately), I don't have either yet so I can't vouch for the aforementioned claim. However, I can say that this item leaves your skin soft and silky. The consistency's very light, and the scent's unoffensive so you'll probably love this product if you have sensitive skin.  I got two of these and gave one to my mom, so I'll let you guys know what she says after a month or two!

5.  Supergoop! Shine-On Lip Screen ($22) - I absolutely love the concept behind this product.  It basically works as a topcoat for your lipstick, protecting your pucker from the sun.  I like to slather it on top of my fave matte lip colors for a shiny finish! As a bonus, it leaves your mouth feeling nice and tingly.  One con though, the product tastes kinda "meh" so try not to get it in your mouth, ha.  

6.  T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer ($250) - Beyond impressed with how quickly this works on my mane - it only takes me about 15 minutes to dry + style fully.  It comes with a handy-dandy brush that helps me achieve a professional-looking blow out, and it features two speeds with three heat settings. It also has a Cool Shot button that gives hair a smooth, sleek finish.  For those of you worried about the price tag, simply think about cost per use!  Plus, they offer a two-year warranty for comprehensive coverage so you know they got your back.  On top of it all, it was the winner of two Allure Best of Beauty Awards:  Best Blowdryer and Best Breakthrough.

Have any of y'all tried these products?  If yes, which ones? What are you guys loving this month? Any new beauty products you'd like to tell me about? I'm always looking for new items to try so I'm all ears!

No comments